Wednesday, October 9, 2013

(Non-pharma) refrigerated trucks everywhere - Geneva

Dear all,

It is quite routine... Weekdays, every morning I wait together with Deniz (my daughter) for her school bus at Collonge-Bellerive. Around 07:15, just a few minutes before the school bus arrives, two refrigerated trucks arrive - one heading to the marche (small market) next to our house, the other to the Pizza Marronnier restaurant and start offloading veggies and diary products... I take the bus E and change at Rive where 16 different public transport route busses/trams and trolleys cross and take bus 8 to the office. A very short walk between the bus E and the bus 8, I also observe several refrigerated trucks delivering perishables to restaurants, Halle de Rive and Starbucks... The below photo was taken on THU morning 3 OCT in Rive. You see two trucks one on the left in front of the Halle de Rive and one in front of the Starbucks (Oro Frais). 



Coming from Turkey and having the renown Turkish coffee, I must say that I am a "tea" drinker. I do drink coffee but quite seldom. But I know, coffee is great in Switzerland, and I never understood how Starbucks would compete with Geneva cafes... Today it turned out to be the gathering place for youngsters with their gadgets enjoying free internet access and sipping their drinks and munching on various deli products brought to them with the help of such a refrigerated truck as you see in the photograph.

Cheers, UMIT

No comments:

Post a Comment